CULTURAL VILLAGE EXPERIENCES
Visitors to Lesedi can choose between The Monati (lunch) or Boma (dinner) cultural tours. These two-hour programmes are offered at 11:30 and 16:30 daily. On arrival, visitors are welcomed at the Ndebele Village by representatives of the tribes that dwell at Lesedi.
The tour begins with a multi-sensory presentation of the origins of South Africa’s indigenous inhabitants, followed by a guided walk through the myriad tribal homesteads located in the Lesedi Cultural Village.
“INGOMA” (DANCE) SHOW
The Lesedi Cultural Tour culminates in a not-to-be-missed dance extravaganza.
Held in the Boma, ancestral folklore and rituals are brought to life in spectacular fashion. This “Ingoma”, told through choreographed movement, beating drums and song is thrilling history story-telling at its best.
MORE ON OFFER AT LESEDI
Lesedi Cultural Village is passionate about educating and empowering future generations on the importance of preserving Africa’s rich and diverse cultural heritage. An informative and educational programme is on offer for school groups.
The programme which runs from 09:00 – 14:00 includes:
- Welcome introduction and presentation in the Ndebele Theatre
- Guided village walk introducing students to the Zulu, Sotho, Xhosa, Ndebele and Pedi tribal ways of life
- The cultural dance performance
- An African-inspired lunch served in the Lapa or Boma
- Additional activities may be arranged on request.
Lesedi Cultural Village offers unique and exciting activities designed for the ultimate entertainment and team-building experience. Our dedicated and imaginative staff will compile an event itinerary for your team to remember.
Activities on offer include:
- Sling-shot shooting
- Drum-beat tutorials and music composition
- Cultural dance choreography lessons
- Cultural quizzes
- Treasure hunts
- (Outdoor team-building facilitators are welcome)